What Is So Special About Private Yoga Classes?
Private yoga classes are the best investment. I love teaching private yoga classes because I 100% believe that you don’t need to buy all of the latest gear, get memberships at the largest studios, or fall in line with the latest trendy fitness fads to benefit from yoga. You don’t even need a crowded room full of other students to hold you accountable.
You just need ONE person, one teacher or mentor, to inspire, support and show up for you every step of the way.
You’re in a yoga or general exercise group class, and you have NO idea what you’re supposed to be doing. So preoccupied with trying to keep up with what everyone else is doing, you forget that you’re supposed to be breathing too. We’ve all been there! Group classes are amazing, but often as a beginner they can be so overwhelming that you lose the confidence and motivation to ever try again.
At The Yoga Transformative, we teach yoga to so many incredible people, from all walks of life and backgrounds. We always meet everyone where they are at. Maybe that’s right at the beginning of your yoga journey, where many people feel intimidated and lacking in confidence at the thought of a group class. Or perhaps you are wanting to deepen your existing yoga practice, and are looking for support accessing more advanced yoga postures.
I’ve worked privately with students to prepare them for their yoga teacher training. We also teach clients who have experienced serious illness to help them recover and feel better in their body. Some of our students have wanted a movement practice that complements their existing sport/fitness pursuits. Others want to start moving in a way that feels meaningful and impactful for them.
Here’s Why Private Yoga Classes Are Different
We are invested in you.
- As your private yoga teacher, we will honour your own practice needs, and tailor the entire class specifically for you. That means you get 100% of your teacher’s attention, and there’ll be plenty of discussion about how you want to benefit from one-to-one classes. We offer modifications, postures and movements that are appropriate for you. Our aim is to help bring your body into a state of health and balance
- We work on whatever you need at that time/that class, whilst still working towards your overall long term goals. Maybe you’ve had a bad night’s sleep, for example. We can work on poses and practices that will support your body, and leave you feeling more energised. A few of our students are much more interested in learning meditation and breathing techniques, and we love supporting students using these diverse range of tools yoga has to offer.
- Establish your home yoga practice – We provide resources for clients who want to integrate yoga into their daily lives. These can be provided as videos, audios or written instructions so that you are supported by your favourite format.
- We’re always just an email away, so you can reach out if you have any questions about your yoga practice
You learn exactly what you need – and then some..
- We have time to break down poses and you can ask allllll the questions. We have worked with plenty of clients who are confused about certain poses that are skimmed over in group classes – looking at you, chaturanga dandasana! Any good private yoga teacher will have done extensive anatomy study (and we’re total movement science geeks over here!). We can teach you to deconstruct postures, and learn them in a progressive and safe way for your body.
- We get to do what you like/want to focus on! This means you don’t have to constantly do the poses you hate. That said, later on we will very likely start to incorporate movements that challenge you emotionally and physically – and maybe even help you fall in love with that posture.
We can work around you
- Our classes will fit around your schedule. No more rushing around trying to squeeze a group yoga class in – we offer private yoga class slots throughout the day. A lot of our clients have standing/regular appointments every week. However, others travel a lot for work, or have a hectic lifestyle that means they can’t make the same class time every week. Does this sound familiar? We endeavour to keep a few spaces open every week to accommodate you and your varied schedule. We also offer studio and online private yoga classes so you can stay on track, wherever you are.
Ultimately, you will learn, and experience positive changes, at a quicker rate than you would in a large group class
If you are interested in private yoga, contact us and we can schedule in a call. During that call we can answer any of your questions and see if private yoga classes at The Yoga Transformative is a good fit for you. You can also find out more information or book online here. We’re looking forward to teaching you!