Join me in 2018 for a detox retreat with a difference …
I am partnering up with Gartmore House to host FOUR RETREATS next year. These retreats will be centered around exploring the concept of ‘health’ from a very holistic perspective. We will focus on eating intuitively and making positive dietary choices. We will also look at how other aspects of your life affect what you eat – and vice versa. I know from personal experience – and I’m not the only one – that when we feel rubbish we don’t often make the best food choices! And I definitely know that eating sugary/processed/greasy foods don’t exactly make us feel any better afterwards. When we’re in a good place it’s so easy and effortless to choose healthier foods, so how do we make that last?
You don’t have to be miserable and on a diet!
See, I’m a big believer that you can drink all the kale smoothies in the world and still be unhappy, and that we should be concentrating our efforts on looking after the entirety of our wellbeing. Eating well is an important part of this, but so is having a positive work/life balance, for example. Or exercising and moving your body in a way that feels good! On this detox retreat we will look at all aspects of your life, and how you can pave the way to good health in a sustainable and long lasting way.
The dieting industry is a sham. 95% of dieters regain all the weight they lost during the diet, and often more, within 5 years. And yet the industry makes millions from our misery, only to leave us feeling like we’re the failures! Let me clarify: Diets fail us. They do not work. Ladies (and gents), please lets stop putting our faith and hope and money into these manipulative and deceiving companies and instead start trusting in our own bodies to tell us what to eat, when we’re hungry, and when we’re full.
Let’s turn our attention inwards
On these retreats I will personally teach you to listen to your physical hunger and satiety cues. We will explore the barriers that are causing you to hold onto extra weight, and how to be kinder and more compassionate to yourself and your body. As a Yoga Teacher as well as a Health Coach, I will also guide you through daily yoga flows as well as help you to plant the seeds of your meditation practice. Yoga and meditation are incredible tools for turning your attention inwards and to begin healing your relationship with your body and with food. By reconnecting to our physicality, we can pick up on the physical cues (from “I’m hungry! I want food!” to “I’m tired! I need to rest!”) that we have been ignoring ever since we started trusting the media and other people to tell us when and what to eat or act.
You can read about my experiences with intuitive eating in my previous blogposts such as :
This is a subject I’m really passionate about and it really shines through. I was lucky enough to learn from several leaders in nutrition and wellbeing through my studies with IIN. And now?
I’m giving you all my secrets that I learned over the past eight years that changed my life.
This retreat offering is 100% for you if you are:
- Miserable and yo-yo-ing between binge-eating and dieting (“this is the right diet! The one that will magically cure all my problems and make me skinny again!” Oh wait) and want to learn to tune into your physical cues to make informed decisions based on how you’re feeling and what you really want.
- Carrying extra weight and/or have a poor perception of your own body image, and just want to feel GOOD again
- Oh so over having no self-worth or confidence in yourself. You want to be able to put yourself at the top of your priority list – but have no idea where to start
- Wanting to learn how to take better care of yourself. You’re fed up of reading articles that tell you getting a mani/pedi or having a bubble bath is the way to achieve this*
- Looking to find a way to exercise or move your body in a way that feels good. Anything other than wanting to gouge your eyes out on the treadmill
- Feeling burnt out, fatigued and tired due to the stress and pressure of every day life. You are longing for the time and space to unwind and re-balance your life
- Interested in the physical and mental benefits yoga and meditation have to offer, but need help getting started
*Although these methods of ‘self care’ can absolutely work (to an extent), they are hardly the miraculous solutions that they are touted to be!!
Join me in 2018 for a life-changing retreat that will transform your relationship with food and yourself forever!
Friday 5th – Sunday 7th January 2018 – £399 per person (2 nights)
Friday 19th – Sunday 21st January 2018 – £399 per person (2 nights)
Friday 31st August – Sunday 2nd September 2018 – £399 per person (2 nights)
Friday 9th – Monday 12th November 2018 – £449 per person (3 nights)
I look forward to welcoming you in 2018!